View Full Version : Screen Fix?

gregmills
10-08-2005, 01:23 AM
The color is screwy on my Toshiba e750. It's hard to describe other than it's just not right. The device works perfectly it's just that the screen colors are strange. White is sort of yellowish but anyway...

I ordered a Dell x50v a couple of months go and I'm all moved into my new device. So I decided to try to fix the old one. I used to get the natural colors back by squeezing the sides or twisting the device. From this I guessed that there must some loose connection or a short.

So I got out my precision tool kit and completely disassembled the casing. I pulled the screen and boards out, checked all the connections, everything looked fine to me. I put it all back together and it's exactly the same as it was before.

So does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Is it fixable?

Thanks!

Patrick Y.
10-08-2005, 03:12 AM
uhh.. You should contact Toshiba technical support.

gregmills
10-08-2005, 04:04 AM
Thanks Patrick but it's out of warrantee.

I've dealt with Toshiba before on a hardware issue and their short answer is to send it in for repair. I don't really want to spend any money on it. If I can't fix it I'll probably just hand it down to one of my kids. My daughter got her first PDA at 7 so she's got a jump on ya kid.