View Full Version : Help! pocket pc wont start!

zeltak
10-07-2005, 05:43 PM
hi

i am in need for some help! :cry: . my pocket pc (rx-3715) just wont start. it starts up with the boot screen and then after the blue line of hp goes all the way it just gets stuck! i have tried using a backup program to restore it (from 2 different backup files), i did backups after a fresh install (a hard reset) but still nothing helps, as soon as the backup program (sunnysoft) restarts the PPC after the restore the same thing happens :cry: ! i tried taking out the SD card, and other stuff but nothing worked. that last thing i did was use SKtools to delete the ipaq wireless.lnk from the startup folder since it was starting in full screen mode for the last 3-4 days, but even if that did harm why would a hard reset and then restoring a backup lead to the same probelm :roll: ..it worked fine before?? id appriciate really any help

thx alot in advance

Zeltak

dazz
10-07-2005, 07:37 PM
I'd say, don't bother with restoring the backup. Just start fresh and install your apps all over again. All your info will still be on your PC so it is simple to restore everything back onto the PPC.

Obviously, there is something wrong with your backup file.

zeltak
10-07-2005, 08:02 PM
thx for the response

i would do a new installation, but im now traveling :roll: so i dont have all the programs. its very strange since 2 other backup files act the same so i really cant see how all of them all corrupt, its very strange that the same symptom happens to all the backfiles.

thx

zeltak

Dazbot
10-07-2005, 08:48 PM
I had the same problem a while ago with my 2210, it was something in the registry that was causing the problem.

I was able to restore all my data then reinstall the applications without too much hassle.

hiatus
10-09-2005, 02:09 AM
I had very very bad experience with sunnysoft backup, it somehow only install the most important dll file in RAM no matter where you want it to, and after a hard reset, I will have to reinstall the program before i can restore the backup..
anyways, I am using sprite backup and I think that's what a backup program should be...