View Full Version : WTB: Jornada 56* for the screen

Paul Martin
10-05-2005, 05:22 PM
My screen broke on my Jornada 568. Since I don't have enough to purchase a new unit at this time, I'm considering purchasing an older Jornada with a good screen that I can put together with mine to make a whole unit. So, if you've got one with internals that aren't working, but the screen is fine, that's kind of what I'm looking for. Shoot me an offer if you've got something. Thanks!

Paul

dlangton
10-05-2005, 05:30 PM
I have a used screen from a Jornada 567. It had lost some sensitivity, so I replaced it with a new one - had the work done at PocketPCTechs. I've been holding onto it as a spare, but figure I will get a new device next time.

BTW. there are new screens available. They cost about $60.

Paul Martin
10-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Do you know if the $60 is just for the screen or does it also cover the cost or replacement?

dlangton
10-05-2005, 05:41 PM
When I got my new screen (about a year ago), the price was for the complete glasstop unit, both LCD and digitizer. It did not include installation. That was about another $50 plus shipping at PPCTechs. I can't remember the name of the site at the moment, but I get occasional emails. There's also a guy who advertises on Ebay about screen repair and replacement.