View Full Version : my Pocket PC is STUCK on "align screen" page

umbach
10-05-2005, 02:39 PM
I've been having major problems with my machine for awhile, getting it to synch. I've recently reset it, and now I'm synched again (the pc says), but it now won't turn on unless it's plugged in to the pc, AND it won't go anywhere but the align screen.

Any help?

David

Menneisyys
10-05-2005, 03:38 PM
I've been having major problems with my machine for awhile, getting it to synch. I've recently reset it, and now I'm synched again (the pc says), but it now won't turn on unless it's plugged in to the pc, AND it won't go anywhere but the align screen.

Any help?

David

Welcome to PPCT :)

You mean
1, it only works on DC but not on its battery? (When it's in the cradle that is connected to the wall charger?)

2, it won't let you get past of the align screen, however firmly you (re)calibrate it? You said ActiveSync sees the device - have you already tried killing "welcome.exe" as described here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=365647)?

umbach
10-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Thank you,
I tried re-calibrating it and holding it down a long time, it went "sklunch" and now it works! It even was already synchronized.

One question/ when it's charging, should the yellow light be on? When is it done charging?

David

Mark Kenepp
10-05-2005, 10:38 PM
One question/ when it's charging, should the yellow light be on? When is it done charging?

What brand of Pocket PC do you have?

My HP 2215 blinks amber when it is charging, when charging is complete, it is solid amber, until I unplug it.

JVL
10-07-2005, 12:29 PM
My 2215 did the same thing.
If you have a screen protector on it, take it off and try it again.
Sometimes the screen protectors get wedged between the screen and the frame of the unit causing pressure and subsequently this problem.
Just a guess..