View Full Version : Quake 3 Arena CE Released

crioux
10-05-2005, 12:19 AM
Free for download, a bit complicated to install, 5 frames per second, but fun to look at anyway :)

Check it out, if not only for the screenshots :)
http://www.noctemware.com/q3ce.html

Perk
10-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Wicked cool game that was made specifically for on-line gaming. It's probably not very feasable since the horsepower and input devices are not part of a typical portable PPC. An admirable concept and effort though.

Darius Wey
10-06-2005, 04:38 AM
Wicked cool game that was made specifically for on-line gaming. It's probably not very feasable since the horsepower and input devices are not part of a typical portable PPC. An admirable concept and effort though.

Once it's enhanced for the 2700G GPU, devices such as the X50v and X51v might stand a better chance at running it. But we'll see...

Stephen Beesley
10-06-2005, 09:37 AM

Once it's enhanced for the 2700G GPU, devices such as the X50v and X51v might stand a better chance at running it. But we'll see...

Now there WOULD be a big incentive to get an Axim :D

Perk
10-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Sorry guys but I've come to learn that an organizer has great, but limited, entertainment value. A PSP, GBA, or similar device is better suited with it's control layout and quantity, screen size, cool running CPU and case design.

I love my PPC and wish it could do everything very well. I've tried, but sometimes it's better to own more devices to suppliment you're needs.

I tried the D2 port, flight sims and other controller heavy software. In a perfect world, we'd have just one companion device that would do all.

After several PDA upgrades in persuit of gaming, music, video, and other functions that it's kind of capable of, but not designed for. I found better results by keeping my most recent PDA and also buying other stuff to go with it.

Stephen Beesley
10-07-2005, 03:26 AM
Sorry guys but I've come to learn that an organizer has great, but limited, entertainment value. A PSP, GBA, or similar device is better suited with it's control layout and quantity, screen size, cool running CPU and case design...

Well horses for courses I guess...

I have found my various Pocket PCs to be excellent all round entertainment devices. Whether it is listerning to mp3s, watching videos or playing a variety of games. Admitedly I tend to go for stratagy type games like Age of Empires, Argentum etc, but I also know how much fun I have had playing the free port of the original Quake.

Of course we all have different expectations.