View Full Version : PDA2K - refuses wireless connection ...why?

doggybag
10-03-2005, 07:30 PM
I have been the proud owner of an i-mate PDA2K (running WM5) for the last 2 weeks but I am getting ready to play frisbee with it shortly.

I have a WLAN running in the house from an SMC 11mbps wireless router (802.11b) that works perfectly with my portable computer

The PDA can see the wireless, it tells me that I am connected but when I bring up the browser it tells me that the page is unavailable.

I have spent two weeks changing every possible setting for "work" and "my ISP" all without luck.

If I leave it in the cradle, it works fine, take it out and it refuses to play ball.

I am going spare ... I have searched forum and after forum for an answer but so far no luck ...can anybody please give me a push in the right direction before I really do just see if the imate can fly ?

ciao
db

ConFuJinG
10-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Just wondering do you have a wep key active?

It took me a while to set up my o2 mini with a wireless sd card (I'm pretty new at this)

I had to manually enter in my ip and after a few attempts I managed to succeed.

beto
10-09-2005, 08:40 AM
I have the same problem using my K-JAM. I have tried every possible combination of "Work" and "My ISP" without any luck. Last night I tried disabling the WEP and it was the same result. I even installed Socket Wi-Fi Companion and it says I am connected, but there is no access to the internet.

PLEASE HELP

ConFuJinG
10-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Have u tried manually entering ur ip and dns?

At home I cannot log on without manually setting my dns and ip,
But works fine on another wireless network using the dhcp.
Not sure y, maybe how i have my network set up

urologyhealth
10-14-2005, 11:57 PM
You can not see the available networks in Wi Fi off state. Do the following:

As you said You have the latest ROM, so you need to follow the following:

1. Click on the bottom tray Wi Fi icon. It will open Wireless Lan manager screen. (You can get this screen in many other ways too)

2. Clickon G icon in top Start tray and Turn On Wi Fi.

3. At this moment , click on the left Network adaptor icon in bottom tray

4. It will open "Configure Wireless networks

5. Hold stylus on every network you see in this dropdown screen and select Remove settings.

This way you will clear all the settings those were set or captured automatically.

6. reset the device.

7. Start registering wifi network/ s again as per normal procedure but give the key manually.

SEE IF THIS WORKS, BY REMOVING all your wi-fi networks and start from scratch

doggybag
10-18-2005, 10:42 PM
we are now into the second month and still I cannot browse using this PDA

I can ping the router, I can ping the other machines on the LAN, I can ping the PDA from the other machines, I can ping the PDA by name and not just ip address BUT I still cannot browse.

I have taken off the encryption WEP, I have switched off the firewall, I have lit candles, bowed down the the west, east and even south, I have lit prayer papers, flown prayer kites and even sacrificed to some of the most unsavoury network gods on the planet BUT I am nowhere nearer to using this very expensive telephone and awful camera with a sliding wobbly keyboard.

I am now the laughing stock of the bar that I use in the evenings as all have been following my battle with this gadget over the weeks

Somebody, anybody please please give a guy a helping hand

ciao
db

P.S pretty please with pink bows and lovely bouncy bunny rabbits

enaime
12-16-2005, 08:46 PM
have you solved this issue yet?

enaime
12-16-2005, 08:47 PM
have you solved this issue yet?

doggybag
12-16-2005, 10:47 PM
No .... and I am now the biggest advert on why not to buy the PDA2k in this area.

I have given up hope of it ever working

ciao
db