View Full Version : Synching archived e-mail folders with the PPC - is there a way?

Ratel10mm
10-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Hello all

Well, having got my HP5550 repaired (it turned out that the LCD was cracked, although I couldn't see any damage), I have a new challenge.
With something like 35-40 projects all running at once, I have a lot of e-mail at work. Now, I like to keep each job file open until the job is signed off complete, but the only way I can do that now without choking my inbox is to use an archive folder that I call Open Jobs, with sub-folders for each job. :roll:
The problem is that Activesynch doesn't have an option to synch these folders (which are on my PC's hard drive, not on our e-mail server). So it seems that I can't take all my e-mails mobile. :(
I've had a search, but not found anything that will let me do this yet. So does anyone here know a way that I can synch my archive and my inbox to my PPC please? :?:

yankeejeep
10-03-2005, 08:04 PM
ActiveSync alone can only work with main folders in your desktop Outlook. You will need to add an app like Intellisync or Pocket Mirror to broaden the sync porcess to include additional Outlook folders.

Ratel10mm
10-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Thanks Yankeejeep. I already use a program called SyncBack to synchronise excel files with my PDA's My Documents folder. If I was to synchronise my archive files in a similar manner, could I open them as a note or Pocket Word document on the PPC? I presume that I couldn't open them with the inbox.
Does WinMob5 / AS4 have the same situation?

And YES, I have begged IT to give us larger inboxes, before anyone asks! :wink: