View Full Version : problem synching with Activesync...PLEASE HELP

micho
10-02-2005, 06:46 PM
Hey guys...

having problems with Activesync. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Symptoms: iPAQ rx3715 in cradle, I turn it on and PPC is not immediatly recognized by PC; I've tried going in Activesync to File > Get Connected...and still, no success. Here's my background:

1. Activesync working fine until I reinstalled Windows XP this weekend. Been synching without problems with same PC and PDA before wiping out hard drive.

2. Tried using Activesync 3.7 and 3.8. No success.

3. I hear a the "bip, bip bip" in my PC when I turn on the PDA while connected through the cradle as if it was going to start synching, but nothing happens afterwards.

4. I turned off Windows' firewall, just in case. No success synching.

5. After hitting "get connected" in Activesync, I can see that the USB port shows as available.

6. Everything is "checked" in File>Connection Settings.

That's all I can say...I'm clueless as to what I might be doing wrong.

Thank you all for your prompt suggestions.

Micho.

:cry:

MleB
10-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Had something similar last week - including to the point where ActiveSync lost the partnership to the PDA as well. Tried all the usual things (as you seemed to) and finally called Dell Support. They were at a loss, too. Then I did something new - I did a soft reboot of the PDA while still in the cradle and this activated the New Partnership Wizard. Got thru this and all was fine again.

Neither Dell Tech or I am quite sure why - probably best not to ask....

micho
10-27-2005, 02:20 AM
Mmmhhh...did just that (soft reseting while in cradle)...still not working.

Am I missing something? Do I need to install "drivers" before synching the first time? (problem began after reinstalling Windows XP; before that, never had problems). I just installed Activesync (downloaded from the net; too lazy to look for CD that came with PDA) and to my best knowledge that's all it takes to synch to an iPaq...right? Anyone?

Thank you for your input and suggestions to solve my problem.

Micho.

Cybrid
11-02-2005, 12:42 AM
You don't need any additional drivers. installing activesync is "the driver".

Make a back up. hard reset. try syncing. If that works concentrate on solving the problem PPC side.

Try syncing on another PC, if that works. Focus on the PC.

The process should look something like this,
Cradle PPC, XP detects and recognizes device and type (yellow "new hardware recognized" dialog box) then AS will start and initiate Sync.