View Full Version : Fix Coming for Zune Skipping Issue

Aaron Roma
03-01-2007, 03:07 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://zuneinsider.com/archive/2007/02/28/zune-firmware-update-1-3-coming-mid-march-skipping-fixed.aspx' target='_blank'>http://zuneinsider.com/archive/2007/02/28/zune-firmware-update-1-3-coming-mid-march-skipping-fixed.aspx</a><br /><br /></div><p><em>&quot;Yesterday I had a meeting w/ James, the Zune release manager and he spilled the beans on the next firmware update. In Mid March, we&rsquo;re going to release Zune Firmware Update 1.3. Here&rsquo;s what&rsquo;s in the update: We&rsquo;re fixing the skipping problem that some users were experiencing &ndash; that is, content acquired from Zune Marketplace will no longer skip when played on the device.&quot;</em></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Well, apparently Microsoft HAS been listening, at least a little, and is finally responding to the <a target="_blank" href="http://forums.thoughtsmedia.com/showthread.php?t=315&amp;highlight=skipping">skipping issue</a> that many users have complained about. According to Cesar over at Zune Insider, we should see firmware update 1.3 sometime in mid March. This update will fix a few nagging problems, including the skipping issue, improved device detection and syncing, and an issue with the FM tuner draining the battery in sleep mode. Unfortunately, there is still no word on when we might start seeing some new features coming down the pipe.</p>

Crystal3
03-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Maybe a little too little, a little too late.

DrMobo
03-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Does anyone have any info on the FM tuner/battery drain problem? I listen to the radio (NPR on my walk to work) every day. Yesterday morning I glanced at my Zune and it showed greater than half charge left. Twenty minutes of radio later I arrived at work and see a low battery warning. This has happened a few times before and my Zune's battery life in general seems quite poor.

Aaron Roma
03-01-2007, 06:43 PM
No, I don't really have any info on the Tuner - Battery Drain issue. Honestly, I was a little suprised to see the issue mentioned, because that's the first I had heard of it. I occasionally use the FM tuner, but not all that frequently. (Mostly to listen to the occasional sporting event.) I probably don't use my FM tuner frequently enough for this issue to pop up. I myself have been quite pleased with the battery life.

NPrtmn4evr
03-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Thank goodness we'll see this update within a couple weeks. Lately, it seems as if the skipping problem has gotten worse, although it may just be because I've been paying more attention to it.

Aaron Roma
03-01-2007, 10:33 PM
because I've been paying more attention to it.

Completely off topic, but your post made me think of this. It's funny how sometimes after you first notice an issue or problem, it just seems to bug you more and more, even if you didn't notice it for a time. Just the other day, I noticed for the first time that the house I purchased about 6 years ago has TWO different size vinyl siding on it! WTF? I never noticed it before, but now I can't seem to NOT see it GLARING at me! I'm going to have to rip it down and redo the siding now.

Jason Dunn
03-02-2007, 11:08 PM
I just want a clock. I'm not a bad person, I just don't wear a watch. Please give me a clock Zune guys.

NPrtmn4evr
03-03-2007, 02:05 AM
I just want a clock. I'm not a bad person, I just don't wear a watch. Please give me a clock Zune guys.

Do you not have a cell-phone that you keep with you? I'm not a watch guy either, so that's what I use.

tbird
03-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Ok, probably the stupidest question you will see on this site.......
But this fix that is due on the 20th, how do we get it?
I am sure it just wont pop up on my Zune.
I am new to all of this, (I am still dumbfounded on
how I got all my cd's into that little box)
So on the 20th when this fix shows up what do I need to do!!!:confused:

Jason Dunn
03-10-2007, 08:38 AM
But this fix that is due on the 20th, how do we get it?
I am sure it just wont pop up on my Zune.

You'll just need to dock your Zune and the Zune desktop software will download and install it for you. Nice and easy. :D

Jason Dunn
03-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Do you not have a cell-phone that you keep with you?

Yeah, I do, but I find that when I'm using the Zune at the library or wherever I always have it out in front of me, whereas my mobile phone is in my pocket. The Zune is what I look at, so having a clock on it would be nice.

tbird
03-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Thanks, again.....
One more question....Next weeks lotto numbers:D

tbird
03-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Sorry the clock thing really leaves me :confused:
One of the reasons I bought the Zune was to escape from my cell Phone,my computer, my job, well this could go on an on........................
What I would rather see than a clock is a better way to download video!
This past weekend I was able to put some video on my Zune, but dont ask me how I did it, cause I dont know.........It just happened:confused:
Would sure like to see some Video options on MarketPlace

Jason Dunn
03-11-2007, 05:53 AM
What I would rather see than a clock is a better way to download video!

No arguments from me there! There are a lot of things I'd like to see the Zune do better, but there are a lot of people requesting a clock - and it could be optional, so you wouldn't have to see it if you didn't want to.