View Full Version : Lotus Notes and Pocket PC

orinoco
10-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Hi folks:

Changed jobs, and had to take a hit with my new job using Lotus Notes. Before, I had my work email configured on my Pocket PC phone (POP) and it worked flawlessly.

Now, I don't know what to do since I have not found an application for Pocket PC that allows to retrieve email while on the go. There are a few apps out there that allow you to sync, but I am not sure if that is the same as getting access to your mail while moving around.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Fernando

nic
10-01-2005, 06:28 PM
If your email provider supports POP or IMAP4 (IMAP would probably be the better of the two, IMO), then get those settings from your provider and then goto: mail, tools->New Account

Fill in the information, and if you can establish an internet connection, it should download and send your mail just fine. I'm working off of a base install of Windows Mobile 2003 1st edition.

If you need to go through an Exchange server to get your email, you configure that in ActiveSync, and you'll probably have to VPN into your work. Setting up a VPN can be tedious, but poke around in Connections for awhile and you'll probably figure it out.

-Nic

orinoco
10-02-2005, 12:34 AM
Well, it seems T-Mobile allows you to configure a Lotus Notes account and it translates the settings into POP settings you can use to set up email access in your Pocket PC phone.

I just did this and now get my Lotus Notes email in my PPC phone (Jasjar); pretty smooth.

Problem solved. Thanks,

Fernando