View Full Version : PhotoBlog w/ SplashBlog

Jon Westfall
09-29-2005, 06:13 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.splashblog.com' target='_blank'>http://www.splashblog.com</a><br /><br /></div><i>"SplashData, Inc., the leading developer of virtual wallet applications for mobile devices, announced that its award winning SplashBlog photoblogging solution is now available for additional mobile devices?Windows Mobile and Symbian Series 60 and UIQ. Also, new features have been added to the existing Palm OS version and web photo-hosting service. Further, the company is announcing a new business model for SplashBlog that will enable anybody to start and maintain a photoblog of up to 100 images at absolutely no cost."</i><br /><br />If you're ready to start blogging the daily routine of your life with a photographic flair, SplashBlog may be something you're interested in. They list a requirement of WM 5 for their software, so that does limit who can use it right now. But if you're a Jasjar owner and want to snap pictures of your Burger King cup or a passing stop sign, take a look ;)

Phillip Dyson
09-29-2005, 08:00 PM
There doesn't seem to be a link to download the WM version of the app. Was this a product announcement or a release?

Darius Wey
09-30-2005, 05:56 AM
There doesn't seem to be a link to download the WM version of the app. Was this a product announcement or a release?

It was a release, and you can find Windows Mobile versions of SplashBlog on their download page: http://www.splashblog.com/portal_download.aspx

encece
09-30-2005, 06:06 AM
They all say coming soon.

Darius Wey
09-30-2005, 06:34 AM

Hmm, strange. I'll ask the developers if they're supposed to be available yet.

hamishmacdonald
09-30-2005, 10:33 AM
This product looks great, and I've been waiting for the WM version to come out for a while. But now that I'm looking into it more closely (waiting for the installer to appear on their website for download), I just saw that it only uploads to their server, and that you have to pay $29.95 a year if you want to post more than 100 photos.

I don't see the advantage of this, when Imageer will let you post up to 10MB of photos to Fotki for free (the posting, not the program). The one great addition, though, is comments.

Hmm.

Darius Wey
09-30-2005, 01:45 PM

Okay, I have just received word that the official release can be expected in around two weeks. We'll keep you posted as soon as it is available. :)

stevelam
09-30-2005, 03:59 PM

Okay, I have just received word that the official release can be expected in around two weeks. We'll keep you posted as soon as it is available. :)

There's nothing like early news to show you the power of the net!!

Phillip Dyson
11-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Still no release.

Perhaps companies should not "release" their software until they're going to release their software. :roll:

Say what you want about Apple, but when they "release" something or even just announce it, its on the shelves that day. Next day at the latest.

Phillip Dyson
11-09-2005, 07:14 PM
SplashBlog has apparently just made a Public Beta - Release 2 version available.