View Full Version : Site Problems??

stevelam
09-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Hi all,

I was just wondering if I was the only one getting a couple of annoying problems.

The first one is that quite a lot of the time I click on a link, only for a small box to popup and say:
The document contains no data.

My second problem is very similar. A box pops up but this time it says:
Pocket PC Thoughts has timed out

I am running Firefox 1.07.

I think that the second problem is a server problem (timeout level too low), but the first one really has me stumped. Thanks for any help.

Darius Wey
09-28-2005, 04:35 PM
The first one is that quite a lot of the time I click on a link, only for a small box to popup and say:
The document contains no data.

That's a Firefox problem. Jason and I encountered the same problem the other day (and I've encountered it on other sites as well), and for the life of us, we couldn't work out why it suddenly occurred. It's not frequent, and I've probably only ever experienced it here once in a million clicks, but nevertheless, it might be worth heading over to MozillaZine to see if they have a quick fix.

My second problem is very similar. A box pops up but this time it says:
Pocket PC Thoughts has timed out

Now that's a more interesting problem. How often does this occur?

stevelam
09-28-2005, 05:29 PM
It seems to be to be pretty random. Some days it happens a lot (e.g. Monday) but some days it dosent do it at all (e.g. today). Sorry that the answer will be no help!!

stevelam
09-28-2005, 05:47 PM
After e-mailing some people in Mozzila I have found out that the first bug is due to be fixed in the next major Firefox release (1.5).

Jason Dunn
09-28-2005, 05:49 PM
It seems to be to be pretty random. Some days it happens a lot (e.g. Monday) but some days it dosent do it at all (e.g. today). Sorry that the answer will be no help!!

Yeah, I've been seeing it a LOT here lately. Stupid Firefox. :evil:

Darius Wey
09-28-2005, 05:52 PM
After e-mailing some people in Mozzila I have found out that the first bug is due to be fixed in the next major Firefox release (1.5).

Good to hear. I've been meaning to test out Deer Park (v1.5) but haven't got round to doing it. I might just wait for the final release.

As for the time out issues - it just sounds like our server or Firefox being a PITA. But we'll do our best to check it out. :)