View Full Version : Front Page underlined green text DINKY!

PDANEWBIE
09-26-2005, 01:12 PM
Anyone else notice that as of this morning on the front page the random underlined green text is to the point of unreadable... not that I like those underlined portions as 99% of when you go to mouse over them they relate to some kind of pay for service link...
I.E.
The Road To The Windows Mobile Powered Treo 700w
the word microsoft is underlined and in green but is small.

Japanese Crossword: A Paint-by-Number Brainteaser
again with puzzles

and so fourth?

Sven Johannsen
09-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Yup, I see it too. Been that way for a day or two. I figured it would be noticed by the staff and fixed.
P.S. viewing with IE 6

Darius Wey
09-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Yup, I see it too. Been that way for a day or two. I figured it would be noticed by the staff and fixed.
P.S. viewing with IE 6

Thanks. I just noticed it too. As far as I can tell, it's only a problem in IE, and not in Firefox. We'll try to have it fixed in a jiffy. :)

stevelam
09-26-2005, 04:24 PM
P.S. viewing with IE 6

Thanks. I just noticed it too. As far as I can tell, it's only a problem in IE, and not in Firefox. We'll try to have it fixed in a jiffy. :)

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Banners/300x250/rediscover_blue.png (http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliates&id=92549&t=48)

Now this just proves it!!!!

Jason Dunn
09-26-2005, 07:07 PM
I've contacted Kontera to see what's going on - they control the code from their end, I can't do anything. :?

applejosh
09-26-2005, 07:39 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but if it would be possible to allow subscribers to selectively choose which types of ads to display, it would be nice. For example, I don't mind the banner ads and such, but I loathe that Kontera inline crap. Just a thought. I've turned all ads off right now (because of the loathing). Almost makes the homepage appear barren.

Jason Dunn
09-26-2005, 08:42 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but if it would be possible to allow subscribers to selectively choose which types of ads to display, it would be nice.

Yes, that's something that's on our list of things to implement. I don't have an ETA on it - we're working on a lot of other things behind the scenes right now.

stevelam
09-27-2005, 04:33 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but if it would be possible to allow subscribers to selectively choose which types of ads to display, it would be nice.

Yes, that's something that's on our list of things to implement. I don't have an ETA on it - we're working on a lot of other things behind the scenes right now.

Ohhhh anything good?

Jason Dunn
09-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Ohhhh anything good?

Well, to be honest, most of the work we're doing right now is all on our back-end publishing system. It will make the jobs of the editors much easier, and there will be some minor improvements to the way the site works in general. Phase 2 is a much bigger change, and one that the whole community will notice, but I can't talk about that yet. ;-)

stevelam
09-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Ohhhh anything good?
Phase 2 is a much bigger change, and one that the whole community will notice, but I can't talk about that yet. ;-)

You know I really hate that phrase. Possibly because I use it myself to much.

Random Person:Why is the network running so slowly today?
Me:I'm not aloud to tell you that, sorry.

PDANEWBIE
09-30-2005, 05:10 PM
By the way I wanted to say thank you and I really have noticed that its fixed :)