View Full Version : Date book reminders & Palm Desktop

Phil Jackson
09-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi all,
I'm a current Palm user, but thinking of switching, but have two key questions :
1. I extensively use the date book reminders, and the way they 'stack up' under the flashing star in the top left to keep tabs of things I should have done. With PPC's, can this functionality be mimmicked?
2. I use Outlook for work meetings, but use Palm Desktop for everything else, including all social appointments. Do PPC's have the ability to sync with Palm Desktop?

I don't know if these are simple or easy questions, but comments welcome!

Phil

applejosh
09-26-2005, 02:50 AM
Not quite sure what you mean by (1) because I use DateBk on the Palm, and it doesn't use the Attention Manager for alarms. So I'm of no help there. But I've never seen anything like a "past" alarm dialog box or shortcut. If an alarm goes off, you either dismiss it or snooze it. No other choices I've seen.

For (2), PocketPC's are meant to sync with Outlook (almost) exclusively. There might be some third party software products out there that will allow syncing with Lotus Notes or Groupwise (I'm not sure), but I haven't heard of anything that would allow syncing with Palm Desktop.

Brad Adrian
09-26-2005, 03:36 AM
I don't know for sure if this will work for synching with Palm Desktop, but the company that has the strongest non-Microsoft synching software, IMO, is Pumatech. You can look at their Intellisync product at www.pumatech.com.