View Full Version : Dell X51v Question

jhennig
09-24-2005, 04:39 AM
What are your thoughts on the device? I am seriously considering buying one... is there anything that I should know about it? Personal experiances or any other information would be great.

Patrick Y.
09-24-2005, 05:01 AM
I don't have x51v, but I have x50v. Anyway, x50v is JUST FANTASTIC and I believe x51v is too. Also, ALL reviews I read always concluded positively about the device. Anyway, I say you should go for it!!!! Just in case you don't know, dell is having a sale on x51v in their small business department. ($100 off). 8) :wink: http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/handhelds?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd
Good luck!!

Ripper014
09-24-2005, 05:35 AM
The x50V is a good product... but I don't believe that the x51V got that high of reviews... it is a work in progress. In fact most will tell you that if you own a x50V not to get the new x51V... it is an incremental upgrade at best. With issues to be addressed... You get more response from actual owners at the Aximsite... aximsite.com

ADBrown
09-24-2005, 08:18 AM
I have both the X50v and the X51v. While it's true that the X51v isn't a huge upgrade, it is nice, and definitely worth it if you're a new buyer.

kaitanium
09-24-2005, 08:19 AM
wait for dells incredible deals. i absolutely love my x50v

mcmuddle
09-24-2005, 12:51 PM
I have driven myself nutz for a year and a half reading all posts, reviews, previews, rumors, etc etc. I have officially hopped off the fence and just ordered the X51V with Rhino hardcase, extra battery, bt Keyboard and some other extras from Dell Home Customers and got a 20% discount dropping $150 off the package price and a considerable s/h discount.
Ship date 9.30.05.

:D I'll be back

Darius Wey
09-24-2005, 01:21 PM
I have driven myself nutz for a year and a half reading all posts, reviews, previews, rumors, etc etc. I have officially hopped off the fence and just ordered the X51V with Rhino hardcase, extra battery, bt Keyboard and some other extras from Dell Home Customers and got a 20% discount dropping $150 off the package price and a considerable s/h discount.
Ship date 9.30.05.

:D I'll be back

Glad you jumped ship. I hope you enjoy your shiny, new device. 8)

jhennig
09-24-2005, 01:24 PM
@ ADBrown: Do you have any complaints? Does SeVGA or OzVGA work with it?

I am a pretty well informed Pocket PC User and this will be my third Pocket PC if I decide to buy it. (Asus A620, Asus A730w). The reason I am considering upgrading to it is because of the terrible experiance that I have had with my Asus A730w. Don't get me wrong, I love the device and normally would stay as far away from Dell as possible... However, things are different now after I have had to get the device fixed FOUR times now (I am about to recieve my third BRAND NEW A730w). I just want to be finished with the device, but I want to be well informed about any other device that I might get. Since Asus isn't making any bold moves in the way of new tech, I have been looking at the new X51v. I have read the reviews and am not really concerned about the specs. I just need to know if it will meet the standards that have been set by my previous devices. I am really looking for software and performance complaints. Is the 2d rendering really sluggish? Does is take up to 18 seconds to open certain word files as PC Mag says?

Also, Is the extended battery worth the upgrade? Is it quite a bit larger? Does the Hotsync cradle allow me charge another battery? Is there a built in backup program such as Asus has?

As more questions come up, I will post them. THanks for your help.

cec
09-24-2005, 03:59 PM
wait for dells incredible deals. i absolutely love my x50v

Yup. 20% off already on the Dell website. Let the discounting begin....

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=X51V624_D2&s=dhs