View Full Version : English to Chinese ROM

KevinMcCready
09-21-2005, 01:40 PM
hx4700
I tried to update 1.10.08ENG ROM to Chinese (Traditional) using SP29840.exe for CHT and SP29841.exe for ENG and the recipe below.

Despite all sorts of tweaks to the recipe the sticking point seems to be that getdevice.exe always says my ENG ROM can't be updated to Chinese. I get a message saying hpruu.ini is invalid. Despite altering the ini file I have no luck.

Any ideas?

Flawed Recipe
1:
Download the ROM Update of your original language, e.g. German, and the ROM Update of you target language, e.g. English.

2:
Start the target language ROM Update (e.g. English) until it says that the language of the device is wrong and break the installation with cancel.

3:
Start the original language ROM Update (e.g. German) until it successfully checks the original rom version. BUT DON'T PRESS THE START UPDATE BUTTON!

4:
Go to the temp installation folder of the original language ROM Update (e.g. c:\iPAQ\SP29835 for German) an rename the *.nbf file to *_bak.nbf.

5:
Go to the temp installation folder of the target language ROM Update (e.g. c:\iPAQ\SP29841 for English) and copy the ROM file (*.nbf) to the German folder. Rename it to the original language's *.nbf file name. (e.g. hx4700_11009_GER_AKU26.nbf for German)

6:
Go back to the installation and press the Update button.