View Full Version : I've almost had it.......

verks27
09-19-2005, 12:27 AM
OK, I have searched these and many other forums and pocket pc sites for help and have had no luck. I saw the step by step instructions on how to set up wifi on my Siemens sx66 but it did not help. I don't like to ask reduntant questions but I have no chioce.

If I look at my wifi connection it is connected but I can not access the internet. I went through the instructions mentioned in the other posts on how to set it up, no luck.

I'm pretty good at this type of set up but I'm very frustrated and have tried doing it without help but I need you experts out there to get me through this.

Info:
Siemens SX66
Cingular locked
wifi connected
internet not accessable
ROM 1.33.10 WWE
Radio: 1.02.10
EXT rom 1.33.110

If I need more info let me know

PocketPC Addict
09-19-2005, 02:07 AM
Hi,

It's my guess that you don't have the WEP key set up properly. If it's showing that it's "connected" but not able to browse, you are only half way there. But without being able to see your network, it's really hard to say.

If you own the wifi router, start by setting everything to the most basic + no security. Your WiFi should then connect easily. Once it's connected, you can start adding back the security (i.e. Wlan ping blocking, non broadcast SSID, WEP keys etc.)

HTH,
Brad

verks27
09-19-2005, 04:05 AM
Well, I tried your advice and no luck. I took off the security and changed the other settings you mentioned but nothing.

My PPC is telling me that I need to set up my proxy and or just hangs there(which it never did b4). I have it set to "connect to the internet" and the proxy is wireless.cingular.com. I tried it with and without the proxy box checked. Again no dice.

Ideas?

I have a linksys wireless-g

Cybrid
09-25-2005, 10:36 AM
If I look at my wifi connection it is connected but I can not access the internet. I went through the instructions mentioned in the other posts on how to set it up, no luck.

Sven wrote:
Just a thought. Does the top bar on your PPC look like that in Cybrid's picture. With the double circle double arrow thing next to the speaker icon? That shows connected. Could be that you are connected via WiFi to the router/AP but have other settings that are keeping you off the internet.

Good point!
I forgot about connection mangler. In case you are "connected" but you find you can't get online.
Try Al's mini how to for connection manager.
http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.o...ionManager.html

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42626

hp2200
10-13-2005, 11:08 AM
im desperately trying to connect an h2210 via a sony ericsson z800i and had no luck. im also at my wits end.. can anyone help me??