View Full Version : How do I get my e-book from my computer to my Ipaq?

Hollywoodstar
09-17-2005, 02:57 AM
I have installed microsoft e-reader on my Notebook, PC and Pocket PC. But I don't know how to my actual e-book on my pocket pc. Can anyone help with this situation? I am very new to the e-book scene. Thanks in advance.

Don't Panic!
09-17-2005, 03:31 AM
Unless you specified a different location your e-books are in the My Documents\My Library folder on your PC. I'd just copy the .lit file from there to a My Documents folder on a storage card or on my device. There is a way to do it from the PC MSReader but i've never used it.

HTH

Jorgen
09-17-2005, 06:09 AM
If you one day want to carry many books on your PPC, you can put them in a subdirectory of any name under My Documents in the PPC and/or a storage card. The reader will automatically scan all My Documents folders and their subdirectories during startup.

Jorgen

ironguy
09-19-2005, 03:19 PM
I always thought that a 'My Documents' folder was needed for MS Reader. I've kept my current read in a My Docs folder and the 37 other books in a separate folder. After reading this thread I opened Reader to see what I had as I had transferred a number of books recently.

Now understand, I don't use Reader very often so I hadn't opened it in a while.

LO AND BEHOLD! All 38 books were listed in Reader. I thought to myself, "OK, self, did you put them in the My Docs folder?"

I (same as myself) opened explorer and all the books except 1 are in CF/Books and SD/Books.

THEY WEREN'T IN MY DOCS FOLDERS!

This is new behavior for Reader as far as I remember. Maybe it has somethg to do with the ever obnoxious ignore_my_docs file. Anyone else have experience with this?

PS One other oddity. The front page of reader used to say, "Activated for xxxxx" with your NET address. Mine says, "Activated for MS Reader". Hmmmm... 8O

Jorgen
09-19-2005, 04:09 PM
You are right! That is a new thing, probably introduced because many users have complained that they couldn't find their ebooks once they have been transferred to the PPC.

Jorgen

Don't Panic!
09-19-2005, 10:44 PM
ignore my docs is what makes it happen. AFAIK ignore_my_docs only caused serious problems with Mazingo but I still create a My Documents folder on every card I get for data of any sort.

McDeHack
09-20-2005, 10:13 PM
I have put all my ebooks on my storage card. They are in a folder called 'ebooks' I have no trouble bringing them up.
Does the original question refer to this, or how to convert the books to .lit?