View Full Version : Syncing wirelessly with x50v?

chees
09-16-2005, 03:30 AM
I have an x50v and I would like to know how I can get it to sync wirelessly. I figured out a way within my local network but I need to switch my wireless driver from "internet" mode to "work" mode. Is there a way I can sync without doing this? Its annoying to lose internet connectivity just to sync wirelessly.

JPD6825
09-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Do you have Bluetooth on your PC? The word is that the WiFi sync capability is going to disappear when WinMobile 5 comes out. Wireless sync by Bluetooth will be the only option then. Buy a Bluetooth dongle for your PC - if you don't have it now. No immediate help from me though on your immediate problem.

phs
10-05-2005, 02:08 AM
Wireless sync by Bluetooth will be the only option then. Buy a Bluetooth dongle for your PC - if you don't have it now.

Bluetooth syncing has been a real pain for me. It's working fine one day, and when I boot up my PC the next day the connection's gone and I have to 'get connected' again. I've given up on BT syncing and bought a cheap third party sync/charge cable instead.

Despite all the smarts a PocketPC is supposed to have, my Nokia DumbPhone syncs better with Outlook. I just turn on BT on the phone and it connects to the PC everytime.