View Full Version : SD to USB?

ccwildbill
09-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Does anyone make a direct connecting USB card for the iPaq? I would like to plug a flash memory (USB) into the SD slot?

yankeejeep
09-16-2005, 02:26 AM
Card makers are starting to produce cards that have both SD and USB client interfaces, so the same card can function as a flash drive for your PC and an standard SD memory card in your PPC. But the only USB adapter I know of actually being available is the Ratoc CF USB adapter, that adds USB host function through the CF slot for devices that do not come with it wired in.

Menneisyys
09-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Does anyone make a direct connecting USB card for the iPaq? I would like to plug a flash memory (USB) into the SD slot?

As yankeejeep has pointed out, it's (currently) not possible to put any 'traditional' USB dongles in SD-only Pocket PC's.

Sven Johannsen
09-17-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm not sure that there are enough real (read significant # of) requirements for this sort of thing to drive any manufacturer to develop one.

As has been mentioned there is only one CF one, and one other that has been coming soon for about two years now. May be because no one wants one, or because those that do, don't have CF slots. Regardless, without a big demand for the CF variety, it isn't too likely someone will take a risk and build an SD one.

If you have an overwhelming need to attach a USB drive to a PPC, I would suggest looking into PPCs with USB host capability.