View Full Version : My IPAQ3875 suddenly died this morning

tekkie
09-14-2005, 05:26 PM
My 3875 woke me up with the alarm as usual this morning and I checked the calendar for my appointments for the day. Everything seemed normal. However, when I arrived at work and turned it on, I was suddenly faced with a welcome screen and instructions to set up my Pocket PC. I did a soft reboot and got the same thing. I set it in the cradle and got the same thing. Luckily I do a backup every day but before trying this, I wanted to post to the forum and find out if anyone had any other suggestions.

Thanks for your help.
Tekkie

ctitanic
09-14-2005, 05:34 PM
RIP
Time to buy a new one my friend or did you want to keep that dinosaur alive for ever. :devilboy: :twisted:

tekkie
09-15-2005, 03:00 AM
Well....I was tryin'.... :?

Actually, I was hoping to hold out until this Fall and I had pretty well decided on the latest ASUS until I just read the rumor about the latest IPAQ and I figured by the time we knew if it was really coming out, I'd be ready to buy, but if I have to buy NOW..... because I can wait with a lame PDA but I can't wait with NO PDA... I'm kinda in a quandry.

Sheesh.

Tekkie

kaitanium
09-15-2005, 08:37 AM
may i suggest a dell axim x50? :wink:

tekkie
09-18-2005, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I had looked at Dell's a little over a year ago but dismissed them because I really wanted a second media slot - one for a CF card. But I see now the x50 has one.

And although I was able to restore my IPAQ from the backup the other day, I turned it on this morning to find the welcome screen and set up menu again. :bad-words: Definitely time for a new one!!!

Tekkie