View Full Version : SX66 Cingular - BT DUN?

barkerwr
09-13-2005, 04:35 AM
I have a Treo 650 that I have had a lot of problems with and I am ready to get rid of. I'm thinking about getting a SX66 since I'm with Cingular. My only disadvantages I can see are GPRS vs. EDGE and loss of native sync with my mac which can be fixed. Are they going to release WM2005 for this phone. I dont' want to buy it if it's going to be outdated soon and also, does it support BT DUN like my Treo did? I heard about some probs. with BT headsets and I'm curious to hear if that is fixed now. Thanks for your advise.
-Wade

Jason Lee
09-26-2005, 10:54 PM
I have a Treo 650 that I have had a lot of problems with and I am ready to get rid of. I'm thinking about getting a SX66 since I'm with Cingular. My only disadvantages I can see are GPRS vs. EDGE and loss of native sync with my mac which can be fixed. Are they going to release WM2005 for this phone. I dont' want to buy it if it's going to be outdated soon and also, does it support BT DUN like my Treo did? I heard about some probs. with BT headsets and I'm curious to hear if that is fixed now. Thanks for your advise.
-Wade

There will be no WM5.0 update for the SX66. It does have bluetooth DUN and it works well. I have no trouble with the bluetooth headset either.
The only problems i have are that sometimes the bluetooth or wifi will not turn on with out a reboot. I have had this problem on any pocket pc with the widcomm/brodcomm bluetooth stack though. Also sometimes there is no audio on a call. Turning on bluetooth will fix this. Other than that i have no problems with it. Keep in mind that the problems don't happen very often to most people i know that have the phone. I have a loooooot of software installed and am a very heavy/power user. I'm not very nice to my device. :lol:
With all the new devices comming out you might want to wait. If you are willing to order a device online and configure it to work with cingular you can probably get one on the next month or so. Actually waiting for cingular to carry one in the store may take a little longer. The sx66 was out all over the world for 6 months before cingular got it. :(
I thing they are getting better about new WM devices though. I'm hoping anyway. :)