View Full Version : Using iPAQ File Store for Program Space

lllr
09-13-2005, 12:03 AM
Does anyone know of a program that allows you to use the IPAQ File Store memory for program space on my HP 6515?

I know this topic has already probably been discussed but I could not find any threads.

lllr

yankeejeep
09-13-2005, 01:46 AM
File Store is part of the iPAQ's flashROM, so it can be used for any type of storage (including installation of apps). However, if you are asking whether it can be used to increase the memory available for program execution, the answer is no. Execution requires RAM. Even with WM5, this does not change.

You will find that most apps will install to an alternate location (either File Store or a memory card) and this will reduce the strain on your main memory by moving as mush storage as you can to other memory locations. Some apps will not run properly unless stored in main memory (many Today screen plug-ins and MS Money, for instance). Most will install quite happily to a different location if directed there during the install routine.

You can even move most of your 'My Documents' files to another location by installing an app like MobSync to add flexibility to the file sync process in ActiveSync.