View Full Version : Wireless with Axim X50V but no internet explorer

IowaArchitect
09-08-2005, 04:26 PM
I have a Dell Axim X50V and the wireless worked fine.

Somewhere along the line, I stopped getting a connection on our network.
I can start the wireless, get a "green light" and even see out network listed and obtain an IP address - but the applications (Internet Explorer) still just stall out, as if there is no internet connection.

I loaded ROM A05 and low and behold the wireless works fine now with everything......the only caveat is when I use Sprite to relaoad all my programs, data, etc........the above mentioned problem is back. So there must be some setting or problem with my loaded software.

Any suggestions other that ignoring my backup - and reloading all my programs one by one.....(a 2 hour process with all the authorization codes, settings, etc.) THANKS

chees
09-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Make sure that in the network devices tab in your settings is set to "internet" instead of "Work" for your built in wireless adaptor.

Cybrid
09-15-2005, 04:14 AM
I have a Dell Axim X50V and the wireless worked fine.

Somewhere along the line, I stopped getting a connection on our network.
I can start the wireless, get a "green light" and even see out network listed and obtain an IP address - but the applications (Internet Explorer) still just stall out, as if there is no internet connection.

I loaded ROM A05 and low and behold the wireless works fine now with everything......the only caveat is when I use Sprite to relaoad all my programs, data, etc........the above mentioned problem is back. So there must be some setting or problem with my loaded software.

Any suggestions other that ignoring my backup - and reloading all my programs one by one.....(a 2 hour process with all the authorization codes, settings, etc.) THANKS In case you are "connected" but you find you can't get online.
Try Al's mini how to for connection manager.
http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/WM2003/Connection_Manager/ConnectionManager.html