View Full Version : Windows Mobile 5 Updates

tonester
09-08-2005, 09:50 AM
I want to buy a pocket pc or pocket pc phone editon but I dont want to spend $500+ and then find out that the ppc I just bought doesnt offer the windows mobile 5 upgrade. I heard that dell and hp will release and update for their ppc's but i dont really like their ppc's though because I want one with a built in camera now I have found the ASUS MyPal A730 and the Audiovox 6600 they look like what I want to buy but I would like to know if anyone has heard if Audiovox or Azus will release an update.
Or if you have a suggestion on a ppc with a phone or camera or both please post.
Thankyou to anyone who replies.

iant54
09-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 720 has a camera, and the Mobile 5 upgrade is due next week for the UK.

Menneisyys
09-08-2005, 11:33 AM
I want to buy a pocket pc or pocket pc phone editon but I dont want to spend $500+ and then find out that the ppc I just bought doesnt offer the windows mobile 5 upgrade. I heard that dell and hp will release and update for their ppc's but i dont really like their ppc's though because I want one with a built in camera now I have found the ASUS MyPal A730 and the Audiovox 6600 they look like what I want to buy but I would like to know if anyone has heard if Audiovox or Azus will release an update.
Or if you have a suggestion on a ppc with a phone or camera or both please post.
Thankyou to anyone who replies.

I'd go for the PL720 too. The Asus won't receive the WM5 upgrade.

tonester
09-08-2005, 06:36 PM
I forgot to add that I live in Vernon BC Canada will I be able to purchase it here? How much Canadian will I be looking at? Thanks

Ripper014
09-09-2005, 03:53 AM
The last I looked the cost is prohibitive... the only place I could purchase it from was Expansys... and they are never cheap. And this would not include any costs incurred for WM5.

The Loox is a nice machine... I am just not sure if it is worth the money now that it is near its end of life. I am only saying that because... I would expect new model releases from all manufacturers over the next few months.

Afterall Christmas is not that far away...

iant54
09-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Re the Loox - according to the First Loox.org website, the Mobile 5 upgrade has been pushed back to either November or January - Grrrr!!

mikewchandler
09-16-2005, 02:59 PM
The eten m500 (aka torq p100 in the US) is due the wm5 upgrade by Dec05 and is similar in size to the imate jam (slightly thicker). I've been using for 6 months and love it.