View Full Version : Proxy Settings On Ipaq

cal_j
09-08-2005, 01:57 AM
Hey,

On my rx3115, I was curious to know if anyone has had the chance to play with the proxy settings. In my school they have a proxy server setup to use the internet. According to the directions it says to leave the proxy sever to automatically assign the address, but I’ve been through the settings and can’t find anything. I went to gentlemen who works in tech support at the college and asked him what he thought as well and he wasn’t sure. He found the one of the address that should auto assign and we put it in and the internet fires right off.

My thing right now is I can put in the proxy server address and use it at school, but when it comes time to come home and use my wireless at the house I have to take the address out and change things back. To do this everyday just to use the internet at home and school just makes me sit here and think there has to be an easier way. Anybody have any thoughts please share.

Menneisyys
09-08-2005, 11:43 AM
My thing right now is I can put in the proxy server address and use it at school, but when it comes time to come home and use my wireless at the house I have to take the address out and change things back. To do this everyday just to use the internet at home and school just makes me sit here and think there has to be an easier way. Anybody have any thoughts please share.

Indeed there is a much easier way. Please read this article on on-the-fly proxy changing (http://www.firstloox.org//forums/showthread.php?p=28878).

If you still have questions, let me know.

cal_j
09-15-2005, 02:37 AM
Another question... Another guy I goto class with has his Axim setup to go between a "work" network and the "internet". He has that setup to distinguish between the network @ school and at home. I tried that and my iPaq doesn't know the difference between my house & school, but if I take out the IP for the proxy server then it realizes my house ndetwork. Any thoughts?

Menneisyys
09-17-2005, 11:02 AM
Another question... Another guy I goto class with has his Axim setup to go between a "work" network and the "internet". He has that setup to distinguish between the network @ school and at home. I tried that and my iPaq doesn't know the difference between my house & school, but if I take out the IP for the proxy server then it realizes my house ndetwork. Any thoughts?

I don't really get it. Could you please elaborate on your settings a bit more? Do you have Wi-Fi at both places? If yes, did you define one of the networks as belonging to 'The Internet', while the other to as 'Work', in the Wireless WZC manager?

cal_j
09-17-2005, 09:16 PM
Ok let’s see if this makes any more since. At home when I tap on the wireless connection it says that I’m connected to the internet. I can surf around, talk on msn no troubles. At school, after setting up and inputting the proxy settings, I tap on the wireless connection and it tells me that it’s considered a work connection. I still can surf around the internet it just tells me that it’s a work connection. Maybe this will make a little bit more sense.