View Full Version : Upgrading from iPaq 2210 to Dell Axim X50v

Glen8
09-04-2005, 08:11 AM
I just ordered the Axim X50v and got it with the heavily discounted price that Dell Canada had yesterday. Way I figure it, I got the bluetooth keyboard and extended 2200 battery for free!

However, there are 2 things that I really like about my iPaq 2210 and wonder if I will still be able to use them? One is Nevo, the neat program that allows you to use the iPaq as an incredibly expensive TV remote. Does the Axim have it or can it be purchased? And secondly, I also have the iPaq Navigation GPS system with bluetooth receiver (actually a rebadged GlobalSat BT308 receiver) with Navteq maps of Canada and the US. I'm really hoping I'll be able to load this software onto the Dell and use the receiver. Can anyone tell me if this will work? :D

PetiteFlower
09-04-2005, 07:54 PM
The GPS will certainly work, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. The remote control software doesn't come with the Axim, you could purchase it but the IR on the X50 is not as strong as on the IPAQs so you might not get much range. You could give it a try though.

Mitch D
09-04-2005, 08:32 PM
I have actually managed to link to the iPaq GPS reciever with my x50v with no problem (was showing a customer how to connect via bluetooth) so using it should be no problem. I will admit I have not tried the software but I can not think of any reason why it would not work.

Glen8
09-04-2005, 08:35 PM
The GPS will certainly work, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. The remote control software doesn't come with the Axim, you could purchase it but the IR on the X50 is not as strong as on the IPAQs so you might not get much range. You could give it a try though.

Thanks PetiteFlower. Yes I figure the GPS receiver will work (even though it's stamped iPaq :oops: ) but I wonder if there will be something preventing me from loading the software from the CDs provided - in other words, will it balk because it's not an iPaq it's being loaded onto? Anyway I'll certainly try doing it once my Axim arrives.