View Full Version : New Computer

raleigh1208
08-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I couldn't find a discussion with my quick search, so I'll ask.

I've got a Toshiba e805 pocket pc loaded with programs, which I use at the office. I came in today to find my company had upgraded computers, and mine was one upgraded, which was nice. Problem is Activesync was not on the new one. I can download the newest version from Microsoft, and the Toshiba driver from Toshiba, but I don't want to start over with a new partnership.

So how do I set up a partnership or otherwise transfer all the programs and everything else from my pocket pc to my new computer? I'd like to avoid having to download and install again all my programs, registration numbers, etc. If not easy to do, is there some file or folder I can copy from my old computer and load into the new version of activesync on my new computer?

So I'm asking for help!

ADBrown
08-30-2005, 07:51 PM
If you start a new partnership, all of your documents and PIM data will be copied over to the PC. Your PPC programs will all stay on the device.

applejosh
08-30-2005, 08:12 PM
And if you mean any third party programs with desktop components, then welcome to the wonderful world of Windows where everything has to be re-installed. But the rest of ADBrown said is true, although if you're syncing through Outlook to an Exchange server mailbox, watch out for duplicates and such.