View Full Version : Net access through bluetooth dongle & pc?

jmpmjmpm
08-30-2005, 02:10 PM
I have a hp 2210 as a "company pda" i.e. issued by my employer. I know it's getting a little long in the tooth but I find it a great pda, especially with it's cf and sd ports. It has almost everything I need (or parhaps want?) except gps and wifi. Now I am sorting the gps thingy out by getting a bluetooth gps reciever and plan to use this with tomtom, but I wanted wifi too, however I don't want to pay for a wifi sd/cf card as I have heard they can be troublesome and, well, I am tight!

Which leads me to the question, is it possible to "network" the pda via bluetooth to my pc for sharing files and internet access. It automatically has net access when connected via the cradle, usb and activesync. And I have heard that you can setup activesync via bluetooth, so would that automatically give the pda net access as with the cradle method? And if not is there a way to accomplish this? I have a bluesoliel bluetooth dongle that I can plug into my pc and has a 100m range, and the software that comes with it boasts a lot of services but what one am I looking for?

My way of thinking is that this can be accomplished, but how?

any ideas anyone?

jmpmjmpm
08-30-2005, 03:00 PM
ok, that was so easy it's scary! I loaded up the dongle and ivt bluesoleil software started the lan access service and connected to that with the pda! and I can see the internet and the speed is very very good, but can't seem to find my network places or similar in pocket pc. Also the range sucks, I know the ipaq has a good range and the dongle claims a 100m range but I am only managing 3 feet!