View Full Version : Help: Screen protector with little or no glare...

Frosty Vibe
08-30-2005, 04:18 AM
Hello all,

I am looking for a new screen protector that DOES NOT glare... I use my PPC on my car as lot ( for GPS ) and during day light I could barely see the screen with my current protector, all I see is myself :(

What would you recommended? I have a iPAQ 2210 screen size is a 320*240 3.5" screen.

Thank you

applejosh
08-30-2005, 04:49 AM
Well, unfortunately, there are probably going to be a wide variety of answers here. I've personally liked the Brando screen protectors (not the new super clear ones - you'll have the same problem with glare). I won a screen protector from Proporta for my T3/5/NX80, and it works really well and seems to be wearing very well, also. Some people like the Boxwave products. Basically, my advice would be just to stay away from the cheap 12-in-a-pack ones you find in office supply stores and mainstream computer shops. The Brando (and Boxwave and Proporta) protectors may be expensive, but they usually last longer than the entire pack of cheapo's.

ctmagnus
08-30-2005, 05:09 AM
Basically, you have the clear screen-type protectors that have as little distortion as possible but are extremely prone to glare, and then you have the anti-glare-type protectors that have a tiny bit of distortion on qvga screens (not sure about vga - don't have one) but less glare. The glare is still there due to the nature of displays in Pocket PCs, but it's lessened somewhat by the latter type of protector. In direct sunlight, I find my screen (iPaq 5550) difficult to read on a low backlight with a Pocket PC Techs AG protector, but it's much easier to read if I crank up the backlight.

And then you have the 12/$15 type that you find in retail stores. You don't want those.