View Full Version : Backing Up Data from Pocket PC

wirelesscop
08-30-2005, 12:11 AM
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a program out there that would let a user back up all the information (programs, etc) on a Pocket PC (Verizon XV6600) and save it to a computer's harddrive INSTEAD of to a SD card?

I tried to change the "save to target" from the SD card to something else, but can't figure out how to change the target, if it's even able to be changed.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

PetiteFlower
08-30-2005, 01:32 AM
You mean other then ActiveSync?

wirelesscop
08-30-2005, 01:40 AM
Hi,

Yes. I am looking to find a way (I might not even need different software then Activesync) to do a sort of "one button" backup that would put all my files / programs that are on my PPC onto my computer's harddrive or onto a CD or something... The only option that I am familiar with when I goto do a backup with the "back-up" software that is installed from the factory on my PPC, is to save the back-up information to an SD card. Like I said, I am looking for a way or a program that would give me the option to save all the backed-up information to a location other than an SD card.

I do have to confess, I am NOT that proficient with ActiveSync. Maybe there IS a way to accomplish what I am looking to do in ActiveSync already. Not sure though. IF there IS...can anyone please tell me HOW to do it?

Thanks!

PetiteFlower
08-30-2005, 01:54 AM
In ActiveSync (while connected) go to Tools -> Backup/Restore. It backs up to the hard drive and you can set it to update the backup every time you sync.

applejosh
08-30-2005, 03:22 AM
There's always Sprite Backup (not sure how the versions and features are arranged right now because they've recently revamped it).

http://www.spritesoftware.com/

It works a little faster (at least in my experience) than the native ActiveSync backup.