View Full Version : I hate suspense!!!

jbachandouris
08-29-2005, 03:19 PM
First, I have to wait for WM5 for my 4705 and now I have to wait to find out whether my next child will be a daughter or a son. The 20 week ultrasound was today and the umbillical cord was in the way. I am very upset. I have been out of work for the last 6 months and all I wanted was ONE positive thing to happen! It just amazes me that in 2005 with all the so-called technological advances, they can't determine a boy or girl because of the cord.

OSUKid7
08-29-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm not going to claim to know how it feels to be in your situation, but does it matter that much if you'll have a daugher or son? Won't you be happy either way? Sure it'd be nice to know, but just be happy for what you have. :)

Best of luck finding a job, and I hope everything goes well for your new child.

(Oh, and I'm still waiting for that WM5 upgrade too. ;))

PatrickD
08-29-2005, 08:20 PM
Don’t feel too bad. A friend of mine took his pregnant wife to the doctor for a routine checkup. The next day they get a call from the doctor who tells them that they better come to his office right away because he has something to tell them. Fearing the worst they pay a visit to the doctor, who tells them that the blood test indicates that the baby likely has spina bifida. He then schedules them for an ultrasound the next day. My friend very distraught, spends the evening researching spina bifida on the internet. The next day they go for an ultrasound. The technician starts the procedure and it goes something like this….

Technician: There is the head …….

Technician: ….and there is the second head ….

Friend: WHAT!!! The baby has two heads and spina bifida!!!!!

Technician: No, your having twins

Friend: OMG! Twins with spina bifida

Technician: Spina bifida? They don’t have spina bifida your having twins

Apparently when they do a blood test, if a certain chemical is high it can indicate spina bifida or twins, because if there are two the level will obviously be higher. Unfortunately the doctor failed to share this nugget of information and got them all worked up for nothing. Then after my friend recovered from the shock the technician asked

Technician: Do you want to know the sex?

Friend: No we would rather be surprised

Friend: Can you tell if the twins are identical?

Technician: They aren’t identical twins, they are not the same sex

I’ll let you do the math :wink: