View Full Version : Default Storage Card for Media Player 10

TzviYosef
08-25-2005, 11:32 PM
I have been using my Dell Axim X50v with Media Player 10 for a few months, but recently came across an annoying issue. When it loads it goes to the Library (which I want), but now it defaults to only showing files on the handheld's memory (Labeled "My Device"), and I have to click "Library" and then "CF Card" to start browing my files. I haven't had this problem until a few days ago. I have not done any ROM updates in months so it should be the same version of Media Player as before. I assume there might be a setting or registry tweak to fix this, but I have come up empty.

Anybody know?

--Tzvi

Xymus
08-26-2005, 01:57 AM
Are you using Card Export by any chance? It was causing me the same problems with the trial, it's actually the only reason why I won't buy it :? Since the storage cards are hidden when the device is on the cradle, they are removed from WMP too.

Is that it?

TzviYosef
08-26-2005, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the reply, but nope not using card export.

--Tzvi

Darius Wey
08-26-2005, 09:10 AM
Try soft-resetting your device, then load Windows Media Player and select "Menu" > "Update Library". Does that solve anything?

It's just a hunch but it sounds as though your CF card isn't being initialised properly and/or Windows Media is reading an old library database file.

richb330
10-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Chances are that you've copied a media file (mp3, wma etc) to your 'My Documents' folder. Try moving all media files to your storage card then search for all media files again.