View Full Version : How to stop dll files ?

cool_paki
08-25-2005, 07:22 AM
How can I stop running dll files? Because I am removing one application from Add/Remove Program. But whenever I try to remove the program it gives this error message:

"Uninstall unsuccessful. The program was not removed because these files (\Windows\exdontrol.dll) are in use or are read only. Tap start > settings > Sytem Tab > Memory > Running Programs tab > Stop All and try again"

I entered in running program tab, I didn't find any running program which can be stopped. So how can I stop the files which are being used? so that I can remove the program properly.

Thanks.

jhennig
08-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Restart your Pocket PC.

juni
08-25-2005, 03:09 PM
If the program is badly written you may have to rename the dll in the \windows directory (for example from name.dll to nameold.dll) and then reset your device.

Nurhisham Hussein
08-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Memmaid allows you to terminate processes (*.dlls) whenever you want - just be careful you don't do the wrong one. Alternatively, if you're not willing to pay for Memmaid (I recommend it highly, it's worth the cost), you can try PHM Task Manager, which attempts to duplicate the function of Windows Task Manager on the PPC:

http://www.phm.lu/products/PocketPC/TaskMgr/

This one's freeware.

PetiteFlower
08-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Are you trying to uninstall a program that has a Today screen plugin? If so, you need to take it off the Today screen before uninstalling. Then it should let you do it.