View Full Version : Best utility to copy ROM files (including my contacts/email/calendar DBs) to PC?

Kirkaiya
08-19-2005, 04:42 AM
I have an iPaq 1910 (PPC 2002), and I know I used to (long ago) have a utility that let me copy the Appointments Database, Contacts Database, etc (which you can't do via ActiveSync).

Also, ActiveSync won't let you copy executable or resource files in ROM. For hacking about with them, and wanting to modify my iPaq, I'd like to do exactly that (naturally), so... does anybody have any recommendations on the best way to go about this?

I suppose getting a ROM image somehow (using the backup utility that came with the iPaq, to an SD card?) and "breaking" it out into files might work, although really, there are just a few that I want to play with.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. (Does Resco File Explorer have this capability? I did not see it explicity mentioned on their site..)

torgamm
08-20-2005, 02:51 PM
For ROM files I don't know
But for outlook databases I use http://www.phatware.com/hpcdbex.html

Kirkaiya
08-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Cool, thanks, I will check it out! A long time ago, I had one that would let me view/edit the databases on my old (long gone) iPaq 3650, which came in handy once in awhile when pocket outlook databases got corrupted (which happened to me sometimes using PocketPC 2000).

Anyway - thanks for the link!