View Full Version : GPS on VGA Device

yanathin
08-17-2005, 07:01 AM
I just moved to another state and am really in need of a typpe of GPS system... I have an iPAQ 4705 and a Bluetooth GPS receiver, but now I need the program... I'm really looking for these three features:

- VGA Enabled
- Landscape Mode
- Fast Refreshing

I would really like the software to include all of the above. If there is no VGA GPS software available yet, then please recommend the best one that features landscape mode and fast refreshing... I'd really appreciate your help as soon as possible, I really have no time to explore my new city yet and there's so much to do!! Thanks in advance!

ADBrown
08-17-2005, 07:18 AM
TomTom Navigator does this.

disconnected
08-17-2005, 09:08 PM
You might want to check out Mapopolis. The new version that supports VGA/landscape is supposedly in the very final stages of Beta testing (you can monitor the progress of the Beta versions on the Mapopolis forums at gpspassion.com).

phunkynutz
08-18-2005, 10:05 AM
I use TomTom Navigator 5 on an hx4700 regularly, for the exact same reasons your quoted yourself. I can highly recommend it. If you do decide on this software ensure you get v5.1 update for it, which solved a major memory leak problem on VGA PDAs.