View Full Version : farewell old friend, ye have served me well,...

Confucian Cougar
08-14-2005, 07:25 AM
Ok, getting rid of my 1945,... I think. I have not shopped for pda's in almost two years so am clueless as to what is out there right now. I have loved my 1945 and want something around the 300 dollar range that will bring me up to date. I would be willing to make the switch to palm os, and may actually be forced to if Officemax does not have any palm OS PDA's. Any input and guidance where I should start in my price range and what to look for that might be new and improved in the last two years would help me alot. Thanks!!!

ADBrown
08-14-2005, 08:18 AM
Do you have to shop at OfficeMax? Dell's X50 and X50v models are considered particularly kick-ass, and can be had for around $300, but they're only available direct from Dell.

Typhoon
08-14-2005, 08:25 AM
You can try eBay. A one place stop to shop for everything (in PDAs that is)... It's what I do. Sell my old PDA on eBay and get a brand new one there. Usually you can get a great deal. Only problem is that by using this method, you might have to wait 2 - 3 weeks for a new PDA because it takes time to sell it (up to a week), and time to recieve the money (if you don't have PayPal), and time to bid for the best deal on eBay and time to recieve it. It is a slow process but worth it if you want to save money. But if you have PayPal, it might only take one week.

You can also try to sell over here though, in the Buy And Sell section of the forum. But never sell an item to someone who wants only to send cash AFTER they recieve the item. Cash first, and then send. About 1 month ago, I was in your position. I sold my h1945 on eBay and was looking to buy a $300 range PDA. Luckly I was able to sell enough to make around $500. I just bought a PL 720 + 3 GB from a doctor here in the Buy And Sell forum for only $500. I have noticed that there are plenty of people selling great deals because they are desperate for cash. But make sure you buy from a reputable member here, otherwise, skip the deal.

Confucian Cougar
08-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Unfortunately, I am stuck buying from office max, as I am finally exercising my extended warranty that I purchased with the unit. Everything has worked perfectly except the sd card stopped locking into place and when I finally got that fixed, it will not read cards any more. Besides, I paid for the warranty, so I figgure I will use it and just get a new unit. The only thing I can find on the officemax website are palm units, has OfficeMax stopped selling palm pc units?

Typhoon
08-14-2005, 10:20 PM
huh... almost sounds like you are out of luck...unless... you use the extended warranty for them to get you another h1945? Then sell that one, and etc.

I'm looking at the www.officemax.com website's PDAs. The Zire 72 PDA looks like a cool deal, and so does the Tungsten E2...but I don't know if you want a Palm. I think Palms suck.