View Full Version : A Dell Axim with a QWERTY Keyboard?

Darius Wey
08-12-2005, 06:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/aug2005/tc20050810_2117_tc024.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.businessweek.com/technol..._2117_tc024.htm</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Hardware manufacturers like Hewlett-Packard, Dell and others will accompany the software with a batch of new devices, many sporting their own BlackBerry-like keyboards. HP has on deck the iPaq 6700, and Dell might also be readying its first Axim handheld with a keyboard"</i><br /><br />It's not a definitive announcement, but BusinessWeek is suggesting that Dell will soon be releasing a Windows Mobile 5.0 handheld equipped with a QWERTY keyboard. Cellular functionality is still a question mark, but as far as this article is concerned, if Dell is to compete against the BlackBerry and other cellular-enabled PDAs, this rumoured Axim will end up being Dell's first Pocket PC Phone Edition.

Pdaholic
08-13-2005, 02:49 AM
I've always wondered why Dell never made a keyboarded PDA. It is really lacking from their excellent lineup.

But really, can anyone compete with HTC's keyboard innovation(s)?

PocketPC Addict
08-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Does anyone successfully use a thumb keyboard? I think my hands are too big for such a maneuver.

Jason Lee
08-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Does anyone successfully use a thumb keyboard? I think my hands are too big for such a maneuver.

My last 2 devices have had one. I couldn't live with out one. :)
It is soo much faster for me than any of the on screen input methods and much easier to use when walking. (yes i enter data while walking at work. lol)

I was rather impressed by the keyboard on my sx66 (aka. pda2k). With it being flat i thought i would never find the buttons or smash 3 at a time. ;)

Turns out i can actually flat thumb the buttons and still only hit one...! Someone did a very good job designing this keyboard.

PocketPC Addict
08-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Well, I haven't spent any quality time with a thumb keyboard really, just small stints when trying the keyboards on friends' phones and devices. So, maybe it just takes some getting used to.

Your walking and typing is funny - I'd love to do that, I think better on my feet! :mrgreen: