View Full Version : managing screensaver

elxan65
08-11-2005, 12:41 PM
does anyone know how enable/disable, edit screensaver on HP iPAQ2200

Sven Johannsen
08-11-2005, 02:24 PM
I don't recall the 2200 series coming with a screensaver, so it would help if you could tell us which one it is.

Unless you are just talking about the standard feature of dimming the backlight and then going into suspend. You can adjust that from the settings screens, look for power or screen and one will have settings for timeout before backlight off, and before suspend, or 'shut off".

If there is a real screensaver, then it likely has an app icon under programs, or if it's real fancy in the settings screens. If all else fails, uninstall it from the Remove Programs function in Settings.

bheartvn
08-11-2005, 03:17 PM
I'm not sure whether the 2200 is the same as my rx3715. My ppc comes with Dockware which manages the screensaver. If you want to change the settings, there are 2 ways. Firstly, when the screensaver shows up, tap and hold, then you can turn it off if you'd like. Otherwise, tap Start, Program then Dockware and do the same thing.

Hope it works :D

stevelam
08-11-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure whether the 2200 is the same as my rx3715. My ppc comes with Dockware which manages the screensaver. If you want to change the settings, there are 2 ways. Firstly, when the screensaver shows up, tap and hold, then you can turn it off if you'd like. Otherwise, tap Start, Program then Dockware and do the same thing.

Hope it works :D

The 2210 definately dosent come with Dockware. I wonder if he just means the backlight???

elxan65
08-12-2005, 05:08 AM
it is exactly hp2200 with osWCE-4.20 and it is a real screensaver not backlight. it (the screensaver) comes on with the pictures that are in My pictures and My documents folders.

Darius Wey
08-12-2005, 04:28 PM
it is exactly hp2200 with osWCE-4.20 and it is a real screensaver not backlight. it (the screensaver) comes on with the pictures that are in My pictures and My documents folders.

Open the "Pictures" program (Start > Programs > Pictures), then select Tools > Options. Select the "Slide Show" tab, then untick the box which says "Play a screensaver when docked". Next, hit OK. :)

Sven Johannsen
08-12-2005, 04:43 PM

Open the "Pictures" program (Start > Programs > Pictures), then select Tools > Options. Select the "Slide Show" tab, then untick the box which says "Play a screensaver when docked". Next, hit OK. :)

Ohh, that. I forget that's even in there. Been using third party picture viewers so long, I hardly even notice the stock one.