View Full Version : have my 4150 syncing to desktop, getting a notebook too

phritosan
08-08-2005, 09:38 PM
i just ordered a notebook to take to work and class and what not. since this one will be with me often, certainly more than im at my desktop, i was curious how ppcs and activesync handle two computers.

should i just stop syncing to my desktop and focus on my notebook? how would i go about getting that set up smoothly?

is there a way to sync to both computers? is it worth it? whatre the potential problems and pitfals?

thanks

yankeejeep
08-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Using just ActiveSync, you will be able to set up two partnerships on your PPC (an ActiveSync connection with a particular computer is a partnership). One partnership will be primary and sync all the Outlook items as well as files in the main memory 'My Documents' folder. The other will the secondary partnership will be able to sync all the same items except Inbox. Only the primary partnership will be able to sync with the Outlook Email inbox account on your device. So decide which computer will be the primary partner and which will be secondary and you can happily sync with both.

npatang
08-08-2005, 10:19 PM
You can sync it with two computers but you cannot sync your inbox of both the computers.

First you need to create the partnership with your first computer and select the option" Sync only with this desktop computer", what you create the partnership with the second compter select the option " sync with two computers" .

This way you can sync with 2 omputers but still you vannot sync the inbox of both the computers ( only 1 of them).

--Npatang

phritosan
08-08-2005, 11:37 PM
so save the inbox sync (which i dont use) the two computers are identical? what about for installing programs? what about the my documents folder?

npatang
08-08-2005, 11:48 PM
I am not sure about the Question but still

This is the synchronization with two computers.

Like you sync with the first computer and now device is ready with the data of the first computer and now u sycn with the seconnd computer it will mix ( combine ) the data of the computer and the pocket pc.

Means data will be combine.

--Npatang

yankeejeep
08-09-2005, 01:40 AM
You will be able to install apps through either partnership. The 'My Documents' sync folder on each computer will end up being identical since they will both be syncing with the 'My Documents' folder on the PPC.