View Full Version : i730 Activesync through Exchange Server 2003

Mark Kenepp
08-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Does anyone out there synchronize their device directly with Exchange Server 2003?

I am trying to set up a new Samsung i730 to sync through Verizon's network to our office Exchange Server.

In order to connect to the Exchange Server, I need to enter the username and password for the account. I must preface the username with the domain name or I get an error HTTP_400 and the sync does not work. If I do preface the username with the domain (i.e. domain/username) I am prompted for a username and password again and the second time I must remove the domain preface from the username or it will not connect.

This is not too big an issue when syncing manually but it completely blows any idea of scheduled synchronization.

What's the use of having a scheduled auto synchronization when the automatic synchronization requires user intervention to complete?

Anyone out there who is syncing with an exchange server have any insight?

TIA,

that_kid
08-08-2005, 09:26 PM
On the server credentials screen you should enter the username/pasword/comain in the boxes. Make sure select the "save password" option. Am I correct in thinking that you were able to sync with the server after all these steps?

npatang
08-08-2005, 10:26 PM
As youinformed that when you enter in the domain box your domain/username and it prompts you for the username and the password again, you need to check the secutiry on the server under the microsoft server activesync .

On the microsoft server activesync you have to make sure that only the Basic authentication is check.

And if you are using the SSL on the server then you have to install the certificate on the pocket pc.

Mark Kenepp
08-08-2005, 11:32 PM
On the server credentials screen you should enter the username/pasword/comain in the boxes. Make sure select the "save password" option. Am I correct in thinking that you were able to sync with the server after all these steps?

Yes we were able to sync and the username/password/domain were saved, the problem was that if we did not preface the username with the domain name, the sync process would immediately fail. If we did preface the username with the domain, then we would not get an error message but would get a second username/password prompt where we had to enter the username with out the domain name in front.

As youinformed that when you enter in the domain box your domain/username and it prompts you for the username and the password again, you need to check the secutiry on the server under the microsoft server activesync .

On the microsoft server activesync you have to make sure that only the Basic authentication is check.

And if you are using the SSL on the server then you have to install the certificate on the pocket pc.

Thanks, that did work :werenotworthy:

We were fiddling with those settings but did not seem to come up with the correct combination.

Cheers,

that_kid
08-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Glad to hear it's working, there's nothing greater than syncing directly with exchange.