View Full Version : need recommendation - time manager & organizer

rim
08-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Hey, what organizer is the best? What manages better time, meetings,calls, memos, reminders, etc ... ?

If the application is fairly easy to operate and possibly to customize, it's a plus.

Thank you!

timcolling
08-08-2005, 06:20 AM
I use PocketInformant (see www.pocketinformant.com) and it does everything I need!

- Tim[/url]

Kowalski
08-08-2005, 06:42 AM
agenda fusion and pocket informant are the leading PIM software applications. Each has its own powerfull and weaker sides.
i use pocket informant coupled with tAgenda(today plug in) and journal sync from the same software company.
there is one thing i have to warn you, these applications are both great piece of software, but you cant call them "easy to operate" you have to give some time to learn the software. you have to master the software in order to use it to its full potential

Sven Johannsen
08-08-2005, 02:35 PM
I just use the built in Outlook pieces coupled with SBSH Pocket Breeze and Contacts Breeze to get the info onto the Today screen . A lot depends on how busy you are and how ana..uh, organized, you are :wink: or want to be. As Kowalski says, with increased capability comes increased complexity.

You mention calls. Are you looking for something that does Contact Relationship Management too? Not sure what the capability of AF and PI are in that area, but i know there are some PPC offerrings that deal with that.

rim
08-08-2005, 04:30 PM
You mention calls. Are you looking for something that does Contact Relationship Management too?

What's this? I've never heard ... 8O

Sven Johannsen
08-09-2005, 09:51 PM
You mention calls. Are you looking for something that does Contact Relationship Management too?

What's this? I've never heard ... 8O

Then I guess not. It's a class of tools that sales folks use to keep track of contacts, leads sales calls, etc. It can keep logs of who you called when, what you talked about, when you should call them back, etc, all tied into calendar, contacts, etc. It's usually just called CRM, (or BCM, Business Contact Manager) but I like to spell out acronyms to impress folks with the fact that I actually know what they stand for :).

morphyuz
08-09-2005, 10:01 PM
definately PI, i asked the same question you did a few weeks ago. and WOW, i dont know how i ever lived w/o PI. didnt even wait until the trial was up and bought it.

rim
08-16-2005, 08:49 AM
Then I guess not. It's a class of tools that sales folks use to keep track of contacts, leads sales calls, etc. It can keep logs of who you called when, what you talked about, when you should call them back, etc, all tied into calendar, contacts, etc. It's usually just called CRM, (or BCM, Business Contact Manager) but I like to spell out acronyms to impress folks with the fact that I actually know what they stand for .

Sven, what application would you recommend for managing contacts as you described?

MrChevy
09-11-2005, 10:40 PM
ACT! does all of that, you might want to check into it.

http://www.act.com/

I haven't used it yet, but maybe someday I will. Pretty steep learning curve on most of the good programs I suppose.

Ken

Cybrid
09-12-2005, 09:22 PM
ACT! does all of that, you might want to check into it.

http://www.act.com/

I haven't used it yet, but maybe someday I will. Pretty steep learning curve on most of the good programs I suppose.

KenExcept....ACT! is desktop software with a component to sync to PPC but has almost no PPC functionality.