View Full Version : Internet connection with LG VZ8000-Gomadic-Ipaq 3765

tailwinddon
08-07-2005, 01:01 AM
In the past I have been able to connect my Ipaq 3765 to the internet with a Gomadic cable and my LG VZ4400 cell phone. Recently I upgraded to the LG VX8000. I tried the same settings;

baud rate, 115200 on cell and PDA
username, cell phone [email protected]
password, vzw
no country code or area code
dialing patterns set at "G"
Hayes Compatible on Com 1
dial up number, #777
cell phone PC Connection set at RS-232C(COM Port)

When I try to connect there is no activity on the phone and I get a "Trouble Connecting" message "There is no modem at the number dialed." etc. I have been in contact with Gomadic. They said other 8000 users have had no problems. They sent me a second new LG 8000 cable and it doesn't change anything.
The phone has Vcast and I can get my email using that. Could there be a problem there?
Does anybody else have any advise, suggestions or experience with this? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Don

Menneisyys
08-07-2005, 03:31 PM
In the past I have been able to connect my Ipaq 3765 to the internet with a Gomadic cable and my LG VZ4400 cell phone. Recently I upgraded to the LG VX8000. I tried the same settings;

baud rate, 115200 on cell and PDA
username, cell phone [email protected]
password, vzw
no country code or area code
dialing patterns set at "G"
Hayes Compatible on Com 1
dial up number, #777
cell phone PC Connection set at RS-232C(COM Port)

When I try to connect there is no activity on the phone and I get a "Trouble Connecting" message "There is no modem at the number dialed." etc. I have been in contact with Gomadic. They said other 8000 users have had no problems. They sent me a second new LG 8000 cable and it doesn't change anything.
The phone has Vcast and I can get my email using that. Could there be a problem there?
Does anybody else have any advise, suggestions or experience with this? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Don

First, you may want to send out a reset Hayes command first. A lot of modems require this (for example, the S-E k700i etc).

Edit your dial-up connection and go to the Advanced menu (instead of clicking Finish on the last dialog screen). In the "Extra dial-string modem commands" field, enter the following command:

Z&f0

(if it doesn't work, then, just Z).

Let me know if it works. If it doesn't, we go further with other (extended) Hayes commands.

tailwinddon
08-08-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. How do you reset the Hayes command? And is that a zero or a capitol O in the Z&f0.
I tried it without resetting the Hayes without change using Z&fO and Z.
Thanks for your help.
Don