View Full Version : Cant get online without soft reset

goaliemanpat
08-04-2005, 05:10 PM
I have a Axim X50. Whenever I turn on my wireless to get online I am forced to soft reboot ot make it work. Im using the built in Dell WLAN Utility. It sees my router and says its connected but it wont go online until I do this reset. At first I thought it was something with my router but then noticed it did this to any wireless access point I tried to connect ot. Anyone else have this problem?

Jason Dunn
08-04-2005, 07:06 PM
What firmware are you running? Go START > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > SYSTEM INFORMATION and see what it says for ROM Version. A04 is the latest.

goaliemanpat
08-04-2005, 09:08 PM
It says I have A04

Jason Dunn
08-04-2005, 10:01 PM
It says I have A04

That means you have the latest...and it also means that it's likely an incompatability between your router and the Axim. There's an off chance that there's some piece of third-party software on your Axim messing things up, but that's unlikely...there are some some settings you could try with your router, but it's hard to saw which options you have.

goaliemanpat
08-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Ya. I thought it was my router at first but then it does the same thing with access points here at work or any other place it picks one up.

Jason Dunn
08-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Ya. I thought it was my router at first but then it does the same thing with access points here at work or any other place it picks one up.

Freaky. Ok, perform a backup, then hard reset it and don't install anything or even sync it - just try to connect to your access point. Tell me what happens.

Cybrid
08-13-2005, 07:41 AM
I have a Axim X50. Whenever I turn on my wireless to get online I am forced to soft reboot ot make it work. Im using the built in Dell WLAN Utility. It sees my router and says its connected but it wont go online until I do this reset. At first I thought it was something with my router but then noticed it did this to any wireless access point I tried to connect ot. Anyone else have this problem?
Yeah. I've seen this problem. You need to use something like pocket DHCP to clear and then renew your ip info. It has caused me quite a few headaches before.
Thanks to gerard for the Pocket DHCP tip.
http://www.geocities.com/lincomatic/software.html
2002 version but does work on 2003 and 2003SE with occasional bugs.

Tip: Tip of the week: Renew your IP address
Posted by: fyiguy on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 03:15 PM

While I was at the show yesterday I was asked a few questions about the PocketPC. One was that since the Pocket PC 2002 OS does not have the capability to renew IP addresses. Usually, a soft reset will fix this IP address problem. Someone wanted to know if there was an application to do this, I showed him PocketDHCP by Lincomatic. It allows you to renew the IP address without a soft reset. The best thing about it is that it is freeware.