View Full Version : Mobipocket 5.0

kndlewis
08-04-2005, 01:30 PM
It's still a beta, available to all registered users of Mobipocket, but it is better than ever! All the changes are in the right direction.
The book title is in the title bar, something I asked for years ago.
There is no title bar within the program so there's more area for reading.
You can now adjust line spacing as well as margins. And turn justification on or off, as before.
Not just 'vga support", like in 4.9, actually a vga program! With 4.9 I still had to run the program in "brute force vga". Now it's truely in vga and the display looks great without "true type fonts" enabled, although you still have that option, presumably for QVGA devices.
There is a much better selection of colors, for those of us who like to change background color under certain lighting conditions. At night, I change the background color darker, it's easier on my eyes that way.
Library organization has improved. You can sort books in many ways.
The progress bar is now a soft blue, fading near its top. Very easy on the eyes.
Overall, an excellent program has been improved in ways I never dreamed of. It's going to be tough to beat! Now, if only it could read .lit files, I could get rid of that slow and finicky MS Reader!

Nurhisham Hussein
08-04-2005, 05:20 PM
I agre, it's great! I've been using for the past 2 months and it's a much better experience overall, especially in terms of a user friendly GUI. Although, I am rather fond of MS Reader (warts and all).