View Full Version : Thumb keyboards - built-in or external?

mscdex
08-03-2005, 08:48 PM
I've been thinking about picking up a new PPC, but have decided to wait for the windows mobile 5 devices to come out.

I have also been eyeing the sharp zaurus sl-6000L as well, even though it isn't a PPC, I really liked how it had a slide-out thumb keyboard.

PPCs with slide-out or built-in thumb keyboards would be ideal for me, but I cannot find very many that have this. The newest PPCs i've seen like this (that are not pocket pc phones, just regular PPCs) is the HP 41xx series. However, I'm staying away from HP for the forseeable future.

Anyone know of any fairly new PPCs out there that have something like this, or any upcoming PPCs?

P.S. I also was definitely looking at the x50v too, but could not find an attachable thumb keyboard?

applejosh
08-03-2005, 09:28 PM
I'd like to see the integrated slide out keyboard as well, but I don't think we'll see anything like that in the near future (at least I haven't heard of anything like that). I have an SL-5500 Zaurus, and having the keyboard right there was awesome. Unfortunately, the software that came with it (or was available through OpenZaurus and add-ons like theKompany products) was more focused on doing computer type things rather than PIM things. The apps might be improved now, but I haven't really looked at them in a couple of years.