View Full Version : Noob with Compaq iPaq 3765 -- connect with powerbook?

v12
07-31-2005, 09:47 PM
I recently recieved a iPaq 3765 from my father..

now i am somewhat confused on what to do..

i have a mac powerbook..so i think i may need additional software...can anyone point me in the right direction

i would like to use the ms word, and planner and to do list the most, however i also want to get this program for it, its from griffin technology its the total remote software, now will this work with my ppc? and can i install it through my powerbook?

thanks, also feel free to add anything else such as tips, maybe software updates, etc..thank you very much.

kaitanium
07-31-2005, 09:54 PM
theres a program called "the missing sync" but i think you might need to update your ipaq to windows mobile 2002 if its not already

v12
07-31-2005, 10:04 PM
ohh ok, hwo can i check, i jsut did the hard reset of the entire ppc, and the software was removed form my fathers pc..i still have everything that it came in the box with though...

can someone give me a quick walk through?

kaitanium
08-01-2005, 05:28 AM
your 3765 should have pocket pc 2002 OS installed. the supported list page on the missing sync site shows that your device is indeed supported

btw heres the linky to the site http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_windowsmobile.php

v12
08-01-2005, 05:31 AM
yes its ppc 2002 with outlook it says on teh abck

as for everything else how do i install apps and other programs..

kaitanium
08-01-2005, 05:34 AM
well it does say on the site that it installs via .cab files as for straight .exes without cab files i wouldnt know. anyone else out there have a hint? not sure which file type the total remote software is in