View Full Version : Betaplayer, how to play .mov files?!?!

spinedoc
07-30-2005, 03:42 PM
After researching I found Betaplayer and it looked like it would play .mov files. (Specifically I am trying to play Diggnation .mov files, why they insist on using .mov is beyond me).

Anyway I downloaded betaplayer .66 and put my movie on my SD card. Betaplayer gives me an error of:

Player: Audio codec (MPEG4 AAC Audio, AAC0) not supported by the player!

When, oh when will a player fully support .mov/quicktime? Personally I absolutely HATE quicktime, it plays in a very small window, and takes over your whole PC and IE.

xdalaw
07-30-2005, 08:37 PM
Check out post 12 on this thread of Aximsite. (http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=91827) This should address your error message. It seems that TCMP temporarily removed the files needed to play some files due to concerns of their ISP. There is a download link to an earlier version with the files.

I play a lot of .mp4 (Nero Digital) movies and music and this was needed to play them. (They used to play fine with Betaplayer.)

I don't play .mov files, but since the error message you see (which I saw on my machine) was fixed with this download it might work for you, too.

Good luck!

-- Andrew

(BTW, I'm from the Merrimac Valley in MA, where are you located?)

spinedoc
07-31-2005, 11:15 PM
Thanks much for the link, I will check it out. I am in Ludlow MA!