View Full Version : YEE HAAA! Fix for the IMATE PDA2K ROM 1.40 Bug here!!!!!! (and a power settings question!)

rdaprix
07-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Guys:

The new ROM version (1.40) for the PDA2K (that’s the MDA-III/Harrier/Blue Angel/PPC-6600/SX-66, depending on your carrier) has a known bug. IMATE support in Dubai doesn’t have a fix, but XDA developers does!

The problem is as follows: every time you dock in the cradle or take or make a phone call and disconnect, GPRS will not re-establish connectivity without a soft reset. This is a HUGE hassle if you are using a goodlink license for push e-mail.

I have called onthegosolutions and IMATE in Dubai for two weeks (don’t ask about the expense!) and got nowhere in desperation I started looking for known bugs.
It appears that the issues is primarily on T-mobile, though may be experienced on other networks.

THERE IS A FIX! Go here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=21972&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Take the first link cab file. Save it to your desktop. Move it over to your device via activsync. Find it on your device (I just moved it to program files and tapped it in file explorer). This will fix the problem.

The bug revolves around the red phone disconnect button. The default cab file sets the decimal to 8 instead of 16, making the disconnect button also disconnect GPRS, which means you cannot connect to GPRS without a soft reset or going into flight mode. This cab file fixes the issue.

Now… if I could just get the power setting working correctly after this upgrade. For some reason, the device doesn’t shut down properly on batter power. I have it set under power settings: “On batter power” ‘turn off device if not used for three minutes.” IT shuts off the light, but not the device. A real bummer.

Anybody got a fix for that? It’s not as serious as the GPRS issue, but it’s a pain.

Thanks guys.