View Full Version : IPAQ 1940 charging problem

Jolard
07-27-2005, 09:44 PM
I am having a huge problem with charging my IPAQ 1940. Basically I plug in the charging cable, and then the light will start to blink (showing that it is charging) but will very quckly turn solid, indicating that the battery is full. It will do this however no matter how much power is actually available (right now it is at 35%).

Sometimes, rarely, I will get it to be able to charge correctly, but most of the time it is constantly running low on power because the IPAQ thinks it is full when it isn't, and won't continue charging.

I have tried this with multiple cables (car charger and USB synch/charger) and it has the same problem, so I don't believe it is the cable.

What do you think the problem is? I appreciate all your help and time.

caubeck
07-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Have you tried emptying the battery completely and recharging from zero? That's what I'd do first.

Jolard
08-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Yes I have drained the battery, in fact since i have been having this problem I have had it go immediately to shut down a number of times because it is out of power.

shooter.ca
08-02-2005, 05:12 AM
Sorry to hear that, pal.
Maybe you should try a hard reset to make sure that the software doesn't give a wrong signal to the battery.

If that doesn't help neither, then maybe it's time for you to find a replacement for your battery. :cry: